Life Member Agnes Farmer wins the 2013 Australia Day Mackay Regional Council Sports Award
|Sun Jan 29|
|North wall car park (near sugar terminal) sand running (reps)|
|Sun Feb 05|
|Boomerang Hotel - "Left, right"|
|View entire calendar|
The Mackay Road Runners Club is an incorporated club with over one hundred members and is affiliated with Athletics North Queensland. Club competitions are held each weekend from February through to October, usually on Sunday afternoons over distances ranging from a mile (1.6 km) to 30 km. All social runners and joggers are most welcome to attend.
Annual Membership Fees
- $57 for Senior Member (18 years and over)
- $24 for a junior Member (12 - 17 years)
- Volunteer Member - no cost but please register
Annual membership fees are due by the last day of February annually for existing members. For new members, membership fees are due immediately. Club points are allocated only when runners are financial club members. To be eligible for annual awards, members must have competed in a minimum of ten calendar events.
Weekly Race Fees
- Members - $2 per race per person (senior and junior) and payable on registering each race day
- Non-Members - $10 seniors, $5 juniors and no race time recorded
- Important – Registrations close 10 minutes before the Gun time to allow the Handicapper and Registrars time to prepare for their run
DIY Training Groups
Midweek casual, non-club, no cost, 5 - 10 km runs commencing at 6pm each occur each Wednesday. Check out the Running Calendar for details.
In addition, informal D.I.Y training groups get together during the week - talk to members on Sunday to find out who's doing what.
A group does long runs leaving from the Parkside Shopping Centre Carpark, cnr Bridge Rd and Paradise St at 5.00am sharp Saturday mornings. This is followed by a rewarding Coffee and Catch Up from 7am.